Rotavirus, Adenovirus and Astrovirus are most common and major causes of severe gastroenteritis in infants and young children. Pattern also observed in adults. They are transmitted by faecal-oral contact.
The main symptoms of viral gastroenteritis are watery diarrhoea and vomiting. The affected person may also have headache, fever and abdominal cramps (“stomach ache”). In general, the symptoms begin 1 to 2 days following infection with a virus that causes gastroenteritis and may last for 1 to 10 days, depending on which virus causes the illness (Rotavirus 3 days, Adenovirus 5-8 days and Astrovirus 3 days). Adenovirus are highly infectious; small inoculation is required to produce infection.
Available CerTest screening tests for Rotavirus, Adenovirus & Astrovirus:
- Rotavirus Card Test
- Adenovirus Card Test
- Astrovirus Card Test
- Rotavirus, Adenovirus and Astrovirus Combo Card Test
- VIASURE Rotavirus Real Time PCR Detection Kit
- VIASURE Adenovirus Real Time PCR Detection Kit
- VIASURE Astrovirus Real Time PCR Detection Kit
- VIASURE Gastrointestinal Panel I Real Time PCR Detection Kit
And also raw materials for IVD products development: